Methods to Pass a Drug Test After Taking Cannabis
Random drug tests have become a very common practice in many places of employment and it often spells danger for people who take cannabis. Drug tests are also sometimes mandatory for new applicants, especially if the employer has a strict anti-drug policy in place.
Depending on how frequently one smokes cannabis, the THC can remain in the bloodstream for up to 90 days. For occasional users, it usually lasts for up to 3 days at most, but anyone who wants to get hired by an employer should do so without any sort of substance in his or her body. The good news is there is a way to remove THC from your bloodstream, and that is what we will be exploring in this article.
Know What Kind of Drug Test You Will Take
There are many ways to conduct a drug test, but the most commonly used method is urinalysis. This involves examining one’s urine to check if there are traces of cannabis or any other unwanted substances in the body. Around 75% of drug tests are conducted through this method; blood and hair tests, on the other hand, make up for 24%, while the remaining 1% is done through saliva tests.
Most employers conduct their drug tests through third-party labs. Test takers are given an address and a scheduled time for the drug test. There are also some cases wherein the drug test will be performed in one’s place of employment. Either way, the results usually arrive after a few days. This article will deal with the most common drug testing method which is urinalysis.
What One Shouldn’t Do
The following are not capable of removing marijuana from one’s system:
- Ginger Root Tea
- Certa Orcreatine Pills
Any articles that you one might come across saying that the items listed above can help remove cannabis from the bloodstream should be taken with a pinch of salt. These claims are nothing but myths and most of them have never even been proven to work. The sad thing is that these claims continue to be spread online even though none of them will ever pass modern day drug tests.
Going with a Natural Cleanse
It is important to remember that there is no “magical” method that will permanently remove cannabis from your system overnight. Those who are in good health and shape can remove it in 4 to 6 weeks by going on a detox diet combined with regular exercise. How quickly the results show will depend on the person’s health, metabolism and toxin levels.
Here are some natural ways that can help one cleanse their body marijuana naturally:
- Drink Plenty of Water – this might sound cliché, but one should never underestimate the ability of water to cleanse our system. Hydrating the body is an important step to follow if one wants to remove marijuana from the bloodstream, but it should be viewed as a miracle cure. The purpose of drinking water is to keep one’s body hydrated so that it will use its resources to remove toxins naturally.
- Do Some Exercises – marijuana is a fat-soluble substance it can be stored in the body’s fat cells. The more body fat one has the longer it will take to detox, so users who are overweight should do exercises daily. Doing a combination of cardio training and weight lifting can help burn fat quickly while speeding up one’s metabolism.
- Drink Some Lemon Juice – lemons are a very rich source of Vitamin C and lemon juice is one of the many great detox drinks that help to pass a drug test. Plenty of health experts and fitness gurus can vouch on lemon’s effectiveness in cleansing the body and removing toxins. Lemons are also said to have the ability to remove THC metabolites out of the body in small amounts. Experts advise mixing a tablespoon of lemon juice with 500 ml of water. The drink should be frequently sipped in a span of several hours. This should be done 7 to 8 times over a few days prior to the drug test.
- Say “No” to Junk Food - while it is hard to resist the sight of candies and your favorite fast food, they should be completely avoided while you are in the process of detoxing from cannabis. The high sodium content of junk food causes water retention while the high sugar slows down your metabolism.
- Eat Green Leafy Veggies – instead of eating burgers, pizzas and chocolate try to snack on green leafy vegetables for a change. Veggies like broccoli, kale and spinach contain plenty of essential nutrients and vitamins that can help boost the body’s metabolism.
- Drink Tea – switch your morning coffee to a cup of tea to remove the toxins, including THC, from your system. A cup of green tea has more than enough nutrients, electrolytes and antioxidants that can cleanse the body and boost metabolism.
- Abstain from Using Cannabis While Cleansing – this is perhaps the most difficult step to follow for frequent users, but it is a necessary one. Smoking even just a small amount of cannabis during the cleanse will re-introduce THC back into one’s system. This means one will have to start from the ground up, effectively compromising the entire cleansing process.
Quick Temporary Detox
Same day cleansing kits are also available for those who want to remove toxins from their body within 24 hours albeit temporarily. The kit targets the urinary tract and bladder, and flushes out toxin metabolites from these areas, thereby giving the person a 6-hour window to submit a clean urine sample.
The THC and other toxin metabolites will gradually make their way back to the bladder once the body slowly begins to detox itself naturally. Same day cleaning products will work as long as they are purchased from a reliable source. It is a nice temporary fix but should only be used as a last resort depending on the situation and the circumstances.